This is part of a much larger map of Matlock and
Matlock Bath, published in "Guide to Matlock and
Matlock Bath" (1907), Geo. Hodgkinson, Matlock Printing
Works. It was designed to show a series of footpaths around
Matlock and Matlock Bath, including walks over Masson and walks
from Upper Wood to Bonsall and the Via Gellia. It shows the names
of the streets of that time, although the dotted lines of Clifton
Road are rather misleading as the road was developed some years before.
The map also shows some of the landmarks, including several caverns
that are no longer open to the public but were important tourist
destinations at the beginning of the 20th century. Some of the larger
buildings are also marked.