Images Index> 18th & 19th Century Images> This page
Cottages, Matlock Dale, 1899
Eighteenth and Nineteenth Century : Photographs, Postcards, Engravings & Etchings
 
Three cottages designed by Sir Guy Dawber
18th & 19th C Images
Next Image
Previous Image
More Matlock Pictures
20th & 21stC
"Just" Images
Matlock Dale
General Info
About Matlock
About Matlock Bath
Find a Name


Matlock, The Quarries



Matlock Bank and Bridge - from near the Quarry, 1907



Matlock Dale, 1920s



St. John's Church,
Cliff Road



These Arts and Crafts style cottages in Matlock Dale, close to the bottom of St. John's Road, were designed by the architect Sir Guy Dawber in 1899. About two years before this Dawber had designed St. John's chapel of ease for Mrs. Harris, who lived at The Rocks.



Ground floor plan
Enlargement of ground floor plan shown in the top left hand corner.


Some modern photos, that include the cottages, can be seen at the bottom of Matlock Dale: Looking towards Matlock from High Tor, 1920s


Architect's drawing, with floor plan, published in "The Building News", Jan. 27th 1899
Cottages. Matlock Dale. E. Guy Dawber and Whitwell. Architects.
Photo Lithographer & Printed by James Akerman, 6 Queen Square, W.C.
In the collection of, provided by and © Ann Andrews Intended for personal use only