This blank postcard is a black and white multi-view of Matlock
scenes published by The Loca-Vu Photo Co., Fargate, Sheffield.
Of the pictures that can be dated they appear to show photographs
dating from 1893 to 1904/5.
The images are:
- Wishing Stone (enlargement of the children shown below)
- Riber Castle
- The Mill Dam at Tansley (enlargement below)
- The Dale, which shows Tor Cottage and the road through to Matlock
Bath but not the top of High Tor
- Crown Square, with the original tram shelter in the middle.
A tram can be seen just about level with the side of the Crown
- Oker Hill (enlargement of one tree Hill shown below)
- Matlock Bridge (the widened bridge)
Enlargement, showing local children sitting on
the Wishing Stone
Oker Hill - One Tree Hill.
Any input on who owned the farm would
The children in the pony and trap are almost certainly members
of the Potter
The Mill Dam, Tansley.
The sluice is in the foreground.