A photograph by Mr. John
dating from about 1900,
used in a booklet for the New Bath Hotel (see the previous
page). The picture was taken at the edge of the Cumberland
quite close to the Wapping, and looks both across to Cat
Tor and down into the valley. Holy Trinity Church is on the
left and there is then a group of larger buildings that includes
the New Bath Hotel.
The row of terraced houses on the right are on Derby Road
and were then known as Woodland Terrace.
There is more about the New Bath Hotel