This lovely photograph, dating from about 1900, is of the
Albion Restaurant on North Parade and shows a group of
female visitors with a male driver. It was probably taken
as a souvenir of the group's visit to Matlock Bath. A menu
board hangs beside the window on the wall outside the Restaurant.
Beneath the window (next to the front horse) is a sign
with a cycle on it that advertises "Accommodation
for Cyclists". Let
us hope that the group in the carriage were not just posing
for the photographer and went into the "Dining
The row of houses beyond the Albion is Fountain Villas.