The Dale and High Tor in 1909. The small building next to the blacksmith's
shop on the riverbank opposite the gates of Tor Cottage, shown
previous picture, has gone and the blacksmith's itself seems
to have been rebuilt and now has a corrugated iron flat roof.
The long sign is, disappointingly, just an advertising hoarding
- "Drink Hills Chain Ales and Stouts".
The turbulent water in the river was caused by rocks on the river
bed, the remains of a former weir.
Bath: View of High Tor, by F. Chantrey, 1822.
Dale: High Tor & the Suspension
Bridge over the Derwent.