"The church is dedicated to St. Peter and St. Paul, and the living
is a vicarage, with an endowment of the great tithes of the tithing
of the hamlets of Eashing and Norney, value about £461 per annum,
in the patronage of the Dean of Salisbury; the incumbent is the Rev.
Edward Jacob Boyce, and the Rev. Robert Rutland, curate. The church
has been considerably enlarged and new pewed within the last few years.
There are several handsome monuments, one of which is to the memory
of General James Oglethorpe, and one to the Rev. Owen Manning, formerly
vicar of this parish, and who, in conjunction with Mr. Bray, published
a "History of Surrey," which work is now scarce; there is
a steeple, with 8 bells".
"The church is an ancient cruciform structure of Bargate stone,
partly in the Early English style. ... The church was enlarged and
repaired in 1840 and completely restored in 1879, and has 800 sittings,
the greater part free. The registers date from the year 1582".
The Reverend Gerald Charles Fanshawe M.A. was the vicar in 1913 and
living at the Rectory. Rev. Frederick Marcus Crichton M.A., who lived
in Croft Road, was the curate.
The lovely card shows both the church and Church House on Church Street.
Posted in Godalming on 1st October 1910, it was sent to
a Miss Newsham at the Post Office, Chelwood Gate by G. Bailey.
Also see, in another section of this website:
Surrey : A Personal View
Surrey : Murder, Trial & Execution, 1817-18
 "Post Office Directory of Essex,
Herts, Kent ..." (1855), Part 1: Counties & Localities,
pub. Kelly & Co., Old Boswell Court, Temple Bar, London, p.701
 "Kelly's Directory of Surrey"
(1913) Kelly & Co. Ltd, London, p204