Picture Gallery> Godalming, Surrey> This page
The Andrews Pages Picture Gallery : Godalming, Surrey
A selection of photographs and postcards of a Surrey country town
 
Godalming, Church from the River, 1907


The parish church, seen from across the Lammas Lands, with the River Wey in the foreground. Although a large hay cart or rick unfortunately almost obscurs the church windows, the image provides a good view of the numerous gravestones in the churchyard to the right of the cart. The two small huts in the picture no longer exist. Whilst it is hard to see through the trees on the right hand side, there is a paling fence bordering Borough Road.



Enlargement of the above. An idyllic rural scene.


The coloured view of the church, published by the local firm of G. E. Eaton, provides a better view of the church. At least you can see the windows above the altar! Although there is no date, it was almost certainly produced before the First World War.




1 and 2. "Godalming Church from the River", Valentine's Series, No. 60110. Not posted but card registered in 1907.
3. "Parish Church and River Wey, Godalming". S. G. Eaton, Stationer, Godalming. The Milton Post Card. Printed at our works in Germany. Not posted.
Postcards in the collection of, provided by and © Ann Andrews.
Researched, written by and © Ann Andrews.
Intended for personal use only.


Godalming Pictures Index
Next page
Previous page
Elsewhere on this website
Godalming, Surrey (about)
Godalming, Surrey: Murder, Trial and Execution, 1817-18