Picture Gallery> Godalming, Surrey> This page
The Andrews Pages Picture Gallery : Godalming, Surrey
A selection of photographs and postcards of a Surrey country town
 
Charterhouse Road (3), 1907.


The view of the bottom of Charterhouse Road was taken from Frith Hill Road. The large house, bottom left, is Newstead. There are then the semi detached properties of Summersdale and Meadowside, which are four storeys high at the back. Only the left hand portion of the glass entrance porch / conservatory remains today outside Summersdale. These two houses were shown on the 1897 OS map 1:2,500.

Immediately behind Meadowside, and set back from the road, is The Elms. Higher up the hill are some of the Charterhouse school boarding houses. Hodgsonites is near the bridge and Bodeites is a little closer to the camera.


"Godalming". F. Frith & Co. Ltd., Reigate, No.57512, First published in 1907. Posted 19 Aug 1--- in Bramley. Personal message, sent by W.C., includes "we have not begun to harvest yet".
Postcard in the collection of, provided by and © Ann Andrews.
Researched, written by and © Ann Andrews.
Intended for personal use only.





Godalming Pictures Index
Next page
Previous page
Elsewhere on this website
Godalming, Surrey (about)
Godalming, Surrey: Murder, Trial and Execution, 1817-18


Frith Hill from the air.
This shows the school's boarding houses