It may say Matlock on the card, but this is Matlock Bath's Fish Pond,
almost opposite the hotel of the same name. Bank holidays saw the
pond surrounded by visitors anxious to feed the very large fish
that swam in the thermal water. Although the card wasn't posted
it dates from about 1920, or perhaps slightly later. It is interesting
to note that the buildings on the opposite side of the main road
road from the Pavilion have changed significantly from the earlier
Behind the pond, on the left, is the Pavilion; it is
now the Mining Museum. There is some kind of large vehicle parked
on the forecourt, possibly a bus. It is just below the lamp post
although it is partly hidden by the shrubbery surrounding the pond.
The spire in the background belongs to Holy Trinity Church.