links go to on site transcripts):
 The Matlock Bath Improvement
Act became law on 4 August, 1905. One of the many improvements was
to provide public lavatories and conveniences.
 William Herbert Wyvill appears
Directory, 1891 | Kelly
Directory, 1895 | Kelly's
Directory, 1899 | Kelly's
Directory 1908 | Kelly's
Directory 1912 | Kelly's
He is listed in the 1871
census | the 1881
census | the
1891 census | the
There are two family memorials at Holy Trinity: see his MI
(1) | His father is commemorated on MI
Times and Chesterfield Herald", 21 July 1900. Sale
by Else and Son, the Matlock auctioneers.
 Benjamin Wyvill had previously
worked as a grocer in Derby and Chesterfield (see Strays
W). A sale notice in the "Derbyshire Times and
Chesterfield Herald" of 14 November 1903 showed that
his grocery on Low Pavement, Chesterfield had been let to him
on a seven years' lease from the 15th May, 1898 so his lease
must have expired in 1905, which is presumably when he returned
to live in Matlock Bath. He lived at 8 Rockvale Villas (1911
census), but later moved to North Parade.
 Recollections of the late Mr.
Frank Clay, from notes taken by Mrs. Doreen Buxton.
 It was Wyvill's Limited, grocers,
North par in Kelly's Directories of 1922 and 1925. It then
became Wyvill's Stores (C. H. Fletcher, propr.) grocers,
North par in Kelly's Directories of 1928 and 1932.